Toni L. Sessoms
ATTORNEY AT LAW
Attorney Toni Sessoms has been practicing law in Michigan courts for over 28 years. Her practice has focused primarily on family law and criminal law. Currently, she is accepting select cases in the mid-Michigan area.
Having helped local residents with their family or criminal legal issues in a professional and straightforward manner for decades, Toni Sessoms strives to provide all clients with an understanding of their legal rights and options so they are well-equipped to make the best decisions regarding their own case. She works with the client through the initial pleadings and discovery process through all lower court hearings, exploring ways with the client to seek a path of resolution via mediation, negotiations and settlement or, if necessary, to proceed to trial. At all times Toni Sessoms seeks the best solutions so the client can experience the optimum outcome from the litigation process.
Toni Sessoms is licensed to practice in all Michigan state courts, the United States Eastern District of Michigan federal court and the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribal Court.
Toni Sessoms graduated from Wake Forest Law School in North Carolina in 1993 with honors in Family Law and honored by the faculty with Women in Law Award. She holds a Master of Divinity degree from Nyack College in New York state. Before she earned her law degree, Toni practiced as a Registered Nurse for 13 years, having received her Bachelor's of Science degree in Nursing from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
Toni resides on her family's Isabella County farm where she works hard at spoiling her furry critters and raising a variety of fruits and vegetables from the farm's abundance. When she has time, Toni enjoys traveling, attending theater, reading, cooking, wine making and beekeeping, as well as spending time with her family and close friends.
- Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston Salem, North Carolina
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award for Family Law, 1993;
- Honors: Outstanding Woman Law Graduate, 1993
- Honors: With honors in Family Law and Woman of the Year law student award
- Alliance Theological Seminary , Nyack, New York
- Master of Divinity - 1986
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: With honors
- Major: Historical Theology/Ethics
- University of North Carolina, Greensboro, North Carolina
- Major: Nursing
- Editor-in-Chief, The Jurist, Wooten Printing Company, 1992 - 1993
- Wake Forest Establishes a New Clinic: The Legal Clinic for the Elderly, The Jurist, Vol. 27, No. 1
- WFU Continuing Legal Education: Entering a New Era, The Jurist, Vol. 23, No. 1, 1992
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Michigan, 1993
- Tribal Court of the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe of Michigan, 2001
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 2013
- Who' Who Among College Students
- Who's Who: American College Students
- Who's Who: American Law Students
- Michigan Bar Association, Member, 1993 to Present
- Member of the Michigan State Bar, Probate and Estate Planning Section
- Member of the Michigan State Bar Family Law Section
Certified Legal Specialties
- Probate and Estate Planning, Michigan Institute of Cont. Legal Education, 2018
- Licensed as Registered Nurse, North Carolina 1979-1993; New York 1981-1987; Michigan 1993-2004
- Toni L. Sessoms, P.C., Owner , 1999 to 2018